For Aquatic Sciences
Dear IAAS members , our 16th annual convention is coming right up. This year, Instead of our large-scale virtual annual meeting, we will have a shorter mini-conference that will be focused on aquatic viruses and the ongoing research by our students.
The mini IAAS conference will take place on February 23d between 8:30-11:30 am and will include:
- A plenary talk about viruses in general and marine viruses in particular by Prof. Assaf Vardi (Weizmann Institute of Science).
- A short talk about Cov-2 abundance in different water-based systems by Dr. Itay Bar-Or (Head of Israel national center for Environmental Virology at Sheba medical center).
- A student virtual poster session (including best poster awards). The poster session will be held on the Gather platform (https://gather.town). The session plan and poster submission details will be sent soon.
The Israeli association for aquatic sciences (IAAS) is inviting you to our special virtual seminar series
- The topics of the talks will be highly diverse and given by leading scholars from the US, Europe, Australia and Israel.
- The seminar will include ONE talk per MONTH (five in total, starting from February) during this upcoming semester.
- The seminar series is free of charge with no prerequisites. Zoom link will be distributed without any pre-registration.
latest posts in our
Looking for postdoc and graduate students
MSc., PhD., PostDoc
Department of Marine Biology, university of Haifa, Israel.
How do marine microbial communities respond to
petroleum products, plastics and pesticides?
Can we identify the fingerprint of anthropogenic impact
in large scale marine datasets?
an interdisciplinary team aiming to answer these questions using tools
from microbial ecology, oceanography, bioinformatics and data sciences.
Sample Notice Board workshop
Want to post a job position, workshop or conference?
The Israeli Association for Aquatic Sciences (IAAS) was founded in 2003 and currently includes about 600 active members. One of the main goals of the IAAS is to foster scientists and students interested in aquatic sciences ranging from oceans and lakes to rivers and streams. In addition, the IAAS is focusing on the different impacts of global environmental changes and upraising concerns to our aquatic systems. The IAAS hold an annual multidisciplinary scientific conference in Israel to provide a platform for cutting edge aquatic science while at the same time strengthen the bonds between young and established aquatic researchers. The membership in IAAS is open to all who are interested in aquatic sciences. By ‘aquatic sciences’ we refer to all aspects of the study of marine and inland aquatic systems.
View the information programs for previous years
Do you have a question? something you wish let us know? leave your details below and we will contact you shortly